Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sticky Halloween Crunch


Yesterday I remembered that tonight is our neighborhood recipe group. This month the theme is "Fall Favorites". I was like - "Crap! (yes - it's one of my fav words) What do I have on hand that I can whip up???" Viola! My "Sticky Halloween Crunch". Boo-ware...it's Verrrrrry Sticky!!! You may need to wash it down with some Ghoul-Aid......hahaha! (ok - bad joke)

1 box Corn Chex cereal
1 Box Corn Pops cereal
2 bags candy corn
1 C coconut
1 C nuts (optional)
2 C Sugar
2 C Karo light corn syrup
3 Tbsp Butter

In large stock pot or paper grocery sack, combine cereal, candy, coconut and nuts; set aside. In saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to boil, turn heat down to med-low and continue to boil 5 minutes stirring frequently. Pour over cereal mixture and toss well (if using paper sack, roll shut and shake vigorously). Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break apart into pieces. Store in airtight container.

*can also substitutes M&Ms or raisins for the candy corn or coconut or nuts.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for this rec. for a loooooooonnnnnnggggg time I have never been able to find it thank you sooooo much for sharing I'm making some tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)