Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marshmallow Creme Swirl Brownies

Ok folks, this one is an EASY PEASY one! I promise! If I can do it so can you! This is so simple, I almost feel guilty calling it a "recipe". But truly, you will feel like a rock star when you show up to your next picnic potluck with these nummy treats!


1 - brownie mix (for 9x13 pan)
eggs, oil & water according to mix directions
1 small jar Marshmallow Creme
Chocolate Glaze*

Mix and bake basic brownies according to the package directions. While still warm, drop spoonfuls of Marshmallow creme over the top. Let sit a few minutes and then slowly work to spread the creme until the entire top is frosted. Then take the chocolate glaze and drizzle across the top in one direction (lengthwise). Using a knife, lightly pull through the drizzles (width-wise) to create the marbled look. Let set before cutting. For "cleanest" cutting I like to use my big pizza cutter, wiped clean with a damp cloth after each cut.

*FOR CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
I usually look to see what I have on hand. You could use Hershey Chocolate Syrup, although for brownies it's a bit too messy to handle. I prefer to heat a tub of chocolate frosting (which I almost always have sitting in my fridges) for about 30 seconds. Stir and then drizzle. I have also used melted chocolate chips before. But my new fave find is this ~ Check it out! ~
Duncan Heinz "Amazing Glazes". It's basically the same as the frosting. Except you heat it, shake and pour straight from the bottle. So there you have it, an easy recipe and a product review all in one! :) Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)