Monday, October 20, 2008

Chili Verde Nachos


So, this was another one of those "Crap! What do I have on hand that I can turn into dinner?" moments. I decided that Nachos were acceptable for dinner if they had meat in them. So, this is what I came up with:


1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 C (more or less) Chili Verde salsa
2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
refried beans
sour cream
tortilla chips (we made our own by frying quartered corn tortillas)

Brown chicken in skillet. Add salsa and mix well. Add both cans of condensed cheese soup. Mix well and heat through. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer until ready to eat. Fill plate with nachos. Top with Chili Verde Nacho sauce, Refried beans, sour cream, and anything else you might have, i.e., salsa, onions, black olives, etc. Ole!


*The only complaint that we had at our house was that I couldn't keep the chip basket filled; the kids were eating them as fast as I was making them.

1 comment:

  1. You make my mouth water. I love your simple everyday recipes.

    Jamie @ Dear Diary...

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)