Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Skillet Enchiladas


I originally got this recipe from RedHead in my neighborhood. However, I have since simplified and tweaked it a little to fit my family's taste. Give it a try...see what you think.


1 lb ground beef
1 can green Chile enchilada sauce (we use mild, which is spicy enough for the kids)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
10 white corn tortillas
2 1/2 -3 C shredded cheese (Colby Jack, Cheddar, etc.)
Sour Cream, optional

In large skillet, brown ground beef. Stir in enchilada sauce and both cans of condensed soup. Mix well. Turn heat down to low and let simmer. In microwave heat tortillas about 2 minutes. Place handful of cheese in each tortilla, roll up and place in skillet, spooning sauce over tops. Cover and let simmer another 5-10 minutes, until cheese inside is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)