Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fried Rice

This is one of those "toss in what you have" sort of recipes.

I got rice. I got soy sauce. I got eggs. These are the three basic, necessary ingredients to ANY type of fried rice.

If you don't have fresh garlic or onion, minced or powdered form will also work. Also, for the meat, I just look and see what "leftovers" I have on hand. Is it Costco's Rotisserie Chicken? Or maybe there is only one chicken breast left in the bag in the freezer - well, it's going in. I love to throw a little cooked shrimp in too, if I happen to have any. When all else has failed, I have even used bacon or sliced deli meats/lunch meats in my fried rice. The kids always love it. Here goes. As far as the amounts go - you basically add as little or as much as you have or want. Seriously. This is sooo fool-proof.

2 tbsp oil or butter
minced garlic
chopped onion
2 eggs, scrambled
chopped meat
2 C steamed rice
soy sauce, to taste
salt & pepper to taste

Optional veggies include: broccoli, carrots, peppers, baby corn, peas, etc.

Heat about 2 Tbsp oil in large frying pan. Cook onion and garlic. Add eggs and scramble. Add chopped meat and stir-fry until meat is cooked. Add rice and and desired veggies, continuing to stir-fry. Add soy sauce to taste. (Seriously, I add a little and taste, and add more and taste, etc.) Add salt and pepper if desired. YUMMY AND EASY!!! Go ahead, break out the chopsticks tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)