Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Company Chicken


8-10 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
4-5 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
1 can cream of chicken soup (can substitute Cr. of mushroom)
1/4 C water
1 box Stovetop Stuffing
1/3 C butter, melted


Lightly spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan. Place cheese on top of chicken. In small mixing bowl, mix soup and water. Spread soup mixture over each chicken piece. In microwave-safe 2 Qt dish, melt butter. Add stovetop and mix until evenly coated with butter. Spread stovetop over chicken. Cover pan with foil. Bake @ 350 for 60 minutes. So Yummy!!!


*You can use 4-5 chicken breasts instead of the tenders. But I think the tenders fit easier into the pan and they don't dry out as much. I just watch for the frozen bag of tenders to go on sale so I have them on hand for this particular recipe. Oh - and I have used the store-brand stuffing mix. They taste just as good and easier on the budget.

I love how I can get the protein, dairy and grain in one dish. For a simple meal, I add a side of veggies and some applesauce. So the tenders may seem small, but their tummies are full. Hope you give this one a try!

2 comments:

  1. oooo, I was waiting and waiting for you to post this recipe! I made it once when I was a part of your recipe exchange via email, but had since lost the recipe! I LOVE TIHS RECIPE PEOPLE!! it is sooooo YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. company chicken! aptly named, esp if the company is a surprise! what a quick, delicious fix!

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)