Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shrimp & Spinach Salad

There is a little shop around the corner from my work that has this salad on the menu. It is to-die-for. My mouth waters just thinking about it! They also happen to serve it with a crusty roll and real butter, which just makes it heaven... Anyway, I love this salad so much, I wanted to recreate it at home. After a few tries with the vinaigrette, I finally have it to my liking! It's refreshing and light and I never feel guilty eating it :)



1 bag fresh Spinach (9-10 oz)
1 small yam
1 C {Candied Pistachios}
1 1/2 C cooked shrimp, chilled and tails removed
{Lemon Vinaigrette}

Rinse and dry spinach leaves; place in salad bowl. Peel and slice yam into thin slices. Toss in pistachios and shrimp. Just before serving, pour vinaigrette over top, and toss well to coat. Store leftovers in refrigerator, covered.




1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo good. What did you say you used in place of lemon vinaigrette? I should have snitched more from you before you left!

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)