Saturday, July 17, 2010

Candied Pistachios



2/3 C cinnamon & sugar mixture*
3 Tbsp warm water
2 C pistachios, shelled
1 or 2 sprinkles of cold water
Line baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. In saucepan over medium heat mix together cinnamon-sugar mixture and 3 tbsp warm water. Stir until combined. Add nuts and stir to coat. Bring to boil, stirring frequently, until there is no excess mixture left on sides of bottom of pan. Add splash of cold water with fingertips, give it another good stir and quickly spread on prepared baking sheet. Allow mixture to set and cool on nuts. Break into pieces.
Try this with other nuts too! Makes great holiday gifts!
*The first batch I made of this, I used just under 2/3 C sugar and made up the difference with cinnamon. I think next time I will use maybe only 1-2 tsp cinnamon and the rest sugar. It was still good and very easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)