Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lemon Vinaigrette

I was searching the store shelves for lemon vinaigrette, but couldn't find any. I found a few recipes online, but none tasted like I "envisioned" them tasting like. So, finally I experimented and came up with my own.



Fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons (about 4 Tbsp or so)*
2 Tbsp sugar, more or less to taste.
1 tsp honey mustard, or Dijon style works too
1/4 C olive oil
2 - 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar**
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp thyme, optional
1 tsp coarse salt

Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons; strain for seeds. Add sugar to lemon juice and stir well. Add mustard and oil and continue stirring. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended. Chill covered until ready to use.

*Using the juice from fresh lemons really makes this dressing flavorful. I highly recommend this over using the bottled lemon juice.

**I love balsamic vinegar, so I have only ever tried it with this. I imagine you could use white vinegar, although I would probably only add a tbsp at a time and taste as I go.

1 comment:

  1. okay, this is one that i may just try. i love lemons and i like making my own salad dressings.

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)