Saturday, May 8, 2010

Simple Salsa Fresca (mild)

So, back when I was visiting my old college roomie, Ardis, during Spring Break we ate and ate and ate and ate! Did I mention that we ate? Tee hee...


Anyway, she is one FABULOUS cook! And one night we had these DIVINE Creamy Chicken Tacos and she whipped up some of this HOMEMADE Salsa Fresca as well. I could not eat enough! That visit was about a month ago, and I've made this recipe at least 4 times since. It tastes great, and I think it tastes even better the next day, after the flavors have had a chance to "share" a little bit with each other. Here is Ardis's recipe for fresh salsa, or what I am calling Simple Salsa Fresca! Enjoy!




6-8 roma tomatoes (or garden tomatoes)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 bunch green onions
3-4 garlic cloves, more or less
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded
juice from 1/2 lime (optional)
salt, to taste


Coursely chop veggies and place in blender. Pulsate until well blended. Add salt to taste. Chill until ready to serve. Best if eaten within 5 days of making. Keep refrigerated in airtight container.



For medium or hot salsa you can experiment by adding a few of the jalepeno seeds or by using other peppers, such as a habenero.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOH, now you got me craving some o' that! I keep forgetting to send along that WonTon recipe and the sweet and sour sauce that goes with it so remind me to do that okay! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)