Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cheesecake for a Crowd

Ever since I was a small girl I loved my Aunt Fern's cheesecake. In fact, I never even knew it was cheesecake she had been bringing to our monthly Amish family gatherings until I was an adult! I was probably distracted by the whipped topping! hahaha!

The best part about Aunt Fern's cheesecake is that she makes it "Family Size", in a 9x13 pan, which is perfect for church dinners, family parties, or anywhere else you need something to serve to a crowd. It's simple and easy to make and tastes de-lish!



2 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 1/4 C sugar, divided
1/2 Stick butter (1/4 C), melted
2 - 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 can fruit pie filling**
whipped topping

Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 C of sugar and melted butter. Press into 9x13 pan to form crust. In mixing bowl combine remaining sugar, cream cheese, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour over prepared crust. Bake @ 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until set. Let cool completely. Top with pie filling and whipped topping. Chill until ready to serve.

**Aunt Fern typically uses Blueberry or Cherry pie filling, but I also love it with homemade Blackberry or mulberry (as shown) pie filling as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)