Saturday, November 21, 2009

Easy-Peasy Cocktail Meatballs


The Blonde Duck over at "A Duck In Her Pond" was talking all things meatballs, which of course put me in the mood for some, so I made these the other night. My kids LOVE these!

Now, you COULD make your own meatballs if you have a great recipe and lots of time to roll out a bunch of little meaty balls... however, because I am a Cheat, and have very little or no time at all to cook, I buy the 2 lb bag of frozen meatballs. I wait until they go on sale for about $2.50 a bag... or get them from Costco. Anyway... without further adieu...


Easy-Peasey Cocktail Meatballs


2 lbs meatballs, cooked (can use the frozen kind)
1 - 16 oz jellied cranberry sauce (or whole cranberry sauce if desired)
1 - 12 oz bottled chili sauce (i love the "Homemade" brand)
2 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar


Place meatballs in crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and turn on low 3-6 hours.


*when eating as a main dish for dinner, we like to serve them as "mini sandwiches" in Hawaiian style rolls... yummm!!!

2 comments:

  1. These look soo yummy and I love the Hawaiian rolls, I am going to make these on Christmas, too easy. Oh and where do you buy the "homemade" chili sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca - I am not sure where you live, but I looked at my jar and it's technically, "HOMADE CHILI SAUCE". I can find it at our local Associated Food Stores, like Dicks. I think Albertsons also carries it. But any bottled chili sauce should probably work. I know that Heinze has one... Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)