Friday, June 5, 2009

Hot Fudge Molten Cake



Ok, I have had this recipe for probably 12 years and have always wanted to try it. Now that I have, I don't know why I haven't made it sooner. Mmmm-it is sooooooooo good.
1 C flour
3/4 C gran sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa, divided
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C milk
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C packed brown sugar
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 C hot water
In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add milk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread into ungreased 9" square pan. In separate small bowl, mix remaining 4 Tbsp cocoa with brown sugar. Sprinkle over the top of prepared cake batter. Slowly pour hot water to cover all of the brown sugar-cocoa powder. Do NOT stir. Bake @350 about 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. Best if you also have ice cream or whipped topping to top it off with. Yum! my kids couldn't get enough of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)