Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Italian Meatloaf

serves 4-6

1 lb ground beef
1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
1 packet dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 egg
1 C spaghetti sauce
1 C shredded cheese

Mix everything *except* sauce and cheese in mixing bowl. Pat into lightly greased 8x8 pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Pour sauce over meat and top with cheese. Return to oven another 10-15 minutes, till cheese is melted.

My kids love this with crusty garlic bread too!

*Can use Italian Bread Crumbs in place of saltines. Can also use Italian style diced tomatoes for extra flavor.


6 comments:

  1. Have you tried it with turkey? That looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no i gaven't tried his with ground turkey. but i think if i do, i would definitely use the italian style diced tomatoes for the added flavor. perhaps sprinkle a little parmesan in there too! let me know if you try it and how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more question, what size can of tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the normal size can is what i used. i think it's like 14.5 oz or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this and we loved it. Using the turkey was fine.

    Though my kids didn't eat it. They never eat my stuff.

    One of these days, I am gonna tell them I am not a restuarant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a delicious meatloaf recipe-I used part of the spaghetti sauce in the meatloaf mixture, divided it in half and put shredded mozzarella cheese (because that is all I had) in the middle-topped it with the rest of the meatloaf mixture, then spread the rest of the spaghetti sauce on top. yuuuummmmmmmy!!!

    I found your blog from AnnH's blog-I love this type of blog that you have going on. Keep up the good work, I will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)