Monday, June 30, 2014

Simple Snickerdoodles

I am not (usually) a fan of Snickerdoodles. I'm what you would call a Supertaster, meaning I have more taste buds on my tongue than the average person. It's a true thing. About 35% of women have this and even fewer men. 

I can remember as a child, the first time I had a snickerdoodle. While my brothers and sisters devoured them like street urchins, clamouring for more, I spit mine out after the first bite. What was wrong with them? I wondered. How could they eat such a nasty, bitter cookie?

Turns out it's the cream of tartar I was tasting, and while everyone else called it "tangy" it tasted bitter to me.  

That aside, I don't mind being a Supertaster. The only down side is, it doesn't come with a cape. ;) 

In general, I love tasting new foods and being able to taste the smoked paprika, hint of chili pepper, or the dash of nutmeg. And since my hubs loves Snickerdoodles, I figured I'd give this simple recipe a try and guess what- I enjoy these little gems! 


1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 C oil
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375°.  Mix cake mix with eggs & oil. Roll into balls. Roll into cinnamon-sugar. Place on lined pan. Press slightly with bottom of cup. Bake 7-9 min. Let sit on pan another 2 min before transferring to wire rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)