Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Geneva Bender's RHUBARB DREAM BARS

Geneva Bender - one of my dad's cousins (I think) - from Middlebury, IN just also happens to be the creator of these melt-in-your-mouth little gems.  My mother got the recipe from her when I was little, and our family has loved them ever since.  Well, now I'm all growed up and this summer seems like the perfect time to start baking them for my own kidlets.


Geneva Bender's Rhubarb Dream Bars:

Crust:
2 C flour
¾ C pwd sugar
1 C butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease 10”x15” pan; set aside. Mix and press crust ingredients into pan and bake 10 min.

Filling:
4 eggs
2 C sugar
½ C flour
½ tsp salt
4 C diced rhubarb

Mix everything except the rhubarb, until well blended. Fold in rhubarb and spread over baked crust. Return to oven and bake an additional 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't talk with your mouth full! Leave me a comment instead! :)